October 4, 2011

Tika Sumpter Graces The Cover Of Vibe Vixen

  
With a role on the remake of the 1975 movie "Sparkle" under her belt, Tika Sumpter has been on her grind this past year. The actress/model has made numerous television appearances on shows like BET's series "The Game," The CW's "Gossip Girl," and ABC soap opera "One Life To Live." Now, the sexy Tika Sumpter has snagged the cover of Vibe Vixen and did an interview with the magazine. Tika spoke on living up to certain standards and the pressure she faces in the industry:
Do you feel that you have a lot to live up to in the acting world? Do you feel like you have to maintain a standard? 
I think there’s pressure on everybody; let’s not deceive ourselves. It’s definitely a beauty business. It [matters] how your face looks, how your body looks, how everything looks. All the blogs talk about it, and they pick on people. The blogs and magazines will be quick to show what’s wrong with a person, so I think there’ s a lot of pressure to try to maintain themselves as much as possible.
So you do bend to the pressures and standards?
Of course, of course. People don’t go to see George Clooney because he’s ugly. They don’t go see Michael Ealy because he’s not the cutest guy on the block. They go to see a beautiful, strong-looking man. Of course you go see them because they’re acting and everything, but it’s a fantasy. You want to take people out of their world for a little bit if you can. I feel like everybody has some kind of beauty in them, regardless if they look like Halle Berry or they don’t. I don’t believe that everybody has to live up to this Hollywood beauty standard, because everybody’s not that.
Well give us another scoop: What are your hopes for Jenna and Malik’s relationship during the next season of The Game? 
I don’t know anything yet. They haven’t told me. I would hope that they explore the world of being in a functioning, viable relationship. I think there’s a lot to write about, especially with two addicts and two people in the entertainment business. I think that there would be a lot of hurdles, a lot of successes, but a lot of drama. I think she has insecurities, obviously, so it’s going to be interesting with her being in this world of football now. From groupies to thinking he needs to pay for everything, just so many different aspects of that life. It’ll be interesting seeing how his mother gets along with Jenna and how she feels about that whole situation. Also being in a circle of women who are married and she’s not married. I hope they explore that world. I think people like them together, and I’m so grateful girls and guys like Jenna Rice. I think it could be a fun situation this season.


source
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...