October 13, 2011

Royce Da 5'9 Discusses Reason Behind Rihanna Shout-Out

At the 2011 BET Hip Hop awards, we got a check out a couple of cyphers that included both commercial and underground rappers. One of the most memorable cyphers this year was the Shady 2.0 cypher, which consisted of Eminem, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Royce Da 5'9, and Yelawolf. But one rapper in particular in this cypher had twitter, facebook, and blogs on fire after his "Hi Rihanna, Hi Rihanna, Bye Rihanna" statement in his freestyle.... Royce Da 5'9!
Check out his freestyle below:
Well, Royce made a quick stop to 106 and Park to talk about the people's reaction to the Shady 2.0 Cypher. He even spoke on why he mentioned Rihanna's name in his rhyme, which was a result of a recent meeting in Europe at the V Festival.
On the shady Cypher
"We're getting a response, everybody did their thing, we walked out proud."
On mentioning Rihanna's name
"She came up and told me she like one of songs, so I just felt like, you tell me that again, we go together, It has to happen. I express myself through my music, I just thought it was a line I was going to say, I didn't know if she was going to hear it."
Check out his 106 and park appearance:



kc
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...