June 27, 2011

Beyonce Says Glastonbury Performance Was A Dream And It's The Highlight Of Her Career

Bey made history!!! She is the first African-American female to headline the UK annual music festival at the Pyramid Stage At Glastonbury, where she also performed for the BET Awards 2011 via satellite. Beyonce's abum "4" drops tomorrow. Mrs. Carter, who performed in front of 175,000 people told interviewers Lauren Laverne and Jo Whiley during an her after show interview that "This night was a dream." Over 2.5 million viewers tuned into BBC to watch Beyonce rock the stage. 
Read what Beyonce had to say about her spectacular night, video of her interview, and highlights from her show: 

Question on it being a highlight of her career
I’m feeling so good. I’m completely high. It’s so surreal of what just happened and I wasn’t kidding when I said, “This night was a dream.” I felt like a rock star and the crowd looked like rock stars. I’m just so honored really; this is like a highlight of my career.
Question on the build up to the actual performance
It’s been a couple of months just working on the set list, the band, the costumes and it’s all this anticipation. I was able to see my husband perform here a couple years ago and it was one of the most exciting night’s for me. I don’t know if I would’ve been asked to come if he didn’t
do the performance and I’m so happy because I don’t normally do festivals with a 175,000 people. I was very nervous and everyone gave me so much love and I will never ever, ever, EVER forget this night.
At one point, I had to stop myself because I got really emotional for “Halo.” My team worked really hard spending the past three days filming really beautiful people. Being able to touch all of the fans, it was a real beautiful moment for me.
Beyonce Glastonbury 3
Question On Getting Advice From Jay-z And Chris From Cold Play 
Absolutely, I sent Chris my set list and made sure he approved it because he’s the master of this and of course Jay, they all just told me to relax and be myself.
Question On Deciding On The Set List
I had a few songs that I wanted to do and tried to narrow them down to Prince and Kings of Leon. I just did all my singles and Destiny’s Child songs. It was exciting to see performing “Girls” for the first time in the UK how the response was and it was great.

Beyonce Glastonbury
Question About The Stage Design
I wanted to bring some funk and some soul. I was standing on the pyramid stage….I know it’s very literal but that’s what gave me the idea. I saw the stage and I had such a wonderful time in Egypt and it was really impactful and it inspired a lot of my
 music so I said let’s do a really nice pyramid in the back, keep it simple.
Question On How She Dances In Heels
I can tell you the whole time I was thinking about these (points down to flat boots).

Beyonce Performs "Run The World (Girls)"


Beyonce performs King Of Leon's "Sex On Fire" and Prince's "The Beautiful ones'

nb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...