May 25, 2011

Actor Richard T. Jones TRIES deliver a Commencement Speech


Actor Richard T. Jones, who is known for his roles in movies like "What's Love Got To Do With It," "The Wood," "Why Did I Get Married" (part 1 and 2) humiliated himself during his commencement speech at the University of Maryland University College graduation. After his speech introduction, Jones had this to say to the Maryland graduating class: 


“Wow! I had this great speech ready for you guys and then you put me behind a bunch of doctors. You put an actor…behind a bunch of doctors…and then they said everything I wanted to say so I figure I’ll keep talking until I say something. I had such great analogies. I had such great quotes…And every one was used already. I’m glad I looked up a word called improve because that is what is going to happen here.”


Throughout the LAST 10 minutes of his speech, the actor stumbled over words and tried to improvise his speech. A grad student had this to say about the actor's horrific speech:


"As someone who was there, it was the most pathetic and embarrassing moment of my life. As an African-American female who was receiving a doctorate degree on this day, I had never been so angry and upset by the antics of an African-American male. He should be ashamed of himself for not being better prepared. It was disrespectful and a disgrace."

Maybe he was having a bad day, lol. Or maybe he was lying and was not even prepared to give his speech. I don't think anyone would come to a graduation unprepared to give speech (especially if you knew you were speaking at a grad graduation). Get yourself together Mr. Jones. 

Well, check out the video below, and see for yourself: 

via nb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...