August 12, 2011

Lisa Raye And Single Ladies Creator Stacy A. Littlejohn Address Rumors

Rumors have been circulating about Stacey Dash not returning to VH1's hit show "Single Ladies." According to many websites, In Touch Weekly allegedly reported that Stacey Dash was let go from the show and they are looking for her replacement. Supposedly, Stacey Dash and co-star LisaRaye McCoy got into an argument during the taping of a party scene, which ended in Stacey leaving the set, yelling "No I ain't coming back unless that b@&$h gets her a$% kicked." Honestly, I can't picture Stacey Dash saying that, but I don't know her personally. 
LisaRaye, who is currently vacationing in Italy, decided to address the rumors of her being blamed for Stacey's alleged removal. She posted this statement from her facebook and twitter:

Facebook Statement:
"As everyone know I am in Italy vacationing. I was just made aware of the lies that are being spread by Mediatakeout and other blogs that like to create false stories. I was not even aware that Stacy Dash had been fired from Single Ladies. Furthermore if she has been fired that is a network decision. I don’t have the power to get her fired nor do I have any beef with her. Now im going to go continue enjoying my vacation!"

Twitter statement:
"Regarding the rumors swirling around “Single Ladies” all I know is that we’ll be back with Season 2 and I have no knowledge of anything else."


Stacey Dash and other cast members of Single Ladies refused to comment on the recent rumors. But, Single Ladies creator Stacy A. Littlejohn wanted to put in her two cents:
"LisaRaye is a very strong woman and we love her, but she does not have that kind of power, nor at any time did she seek to influence any casting decisions. Furthermore, no cast member of Single Ladies has the power to get another cast member fired. the 6th grade back-stabbing that LisaRaye’s being accused of is completely the creation of uninformed, instigating internet gossip. Please don’t buy into it. Let’s just celebrate that we have a Season 2 coming!!!!"

Honestly, I do not believe the rumors. However, I could be wrong. I hope Stacey comes back next season. Its important that we find out which engagement Val will accept. Who else can bring fabulousity and fierceness to Valerie's character. Stacey brings something to her Single Ladies character that I don't think anyone else can bring Val to life. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one.  

source
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...