August 9, 2011

Bonus: Old School Joint Of The Day: "I Like It" By Debarge

Last night, I was tuned into TV One's unsung. Debarge was being profiled on the popular series. Its such a tragedy that so much talent in one family go to waste. From the entire family being drug addicts, El letting his promising career going down the drain, to Bobby Debarge dying from aids because of heroin. But I can say that their music will always live on. Many artists have sampled their music, such as Tupac, Biggy, Mary J. Blige, and Nelly.I remember watching 106 & Park and El Debarge was there promoting his album "second chance". Terrance and Rocsi spoke on on how artists sampled Debarge music. They asked him his favorite and he answered Tupac "I ain't mad at cha." I felt exactly the same way. As a tribute to the amazing Debarge family, here is an old school video of the Debarge performing their hit song "I like it."
Check out the legendary group in action below:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...