July 25, 2011

Common Speaks On His New Single "Ghetto Dreams"


Now you know we all love some Common. The Chicago rapper released a song that may be shocking to many and his fans as well. His recent single "Ghetto Dreams" (features Nas) from his upcoming album "The Dreamer, The Believer" consists of some blunt and straight forward lyrics. Common raps "a b$&ch that look good and cook good," flips pancakes butt naked in the kitchen and tricks off the dough her man makes." I know, I know.... those are some crazy lyrics from Common. The rapper chatted up with MTV News and spoke on his single and the direction of the song. He describes the single as "highly conceptualized." He goes on to say that the single is not an insult to women, but its a list of qualities that he looks for in a woman.

Read more on what Common had to say about "Ghetto Dreams below:

“It was coming from me, but it was also the voice of many others.[...]I was like, ‘I want a b*tch that look good and cook good.’ I was just thinking about being in the ‘hood, what I want, and then the song goes on from there, ‘Cinderella fancy, but she still look ‘hood.’” Right there I’m saying, ‘Look, I want a bad woman.’ She look raw and she could cook and she could get very elegant, but at the same token she has the know-how in the street. I wrote it about someone in the neighborhood that got a dream of reaching a higher level and they’re in that process, and their woman is really like the correlation and the parallel and the symbol to that progress. It was coming from me, but it was also the voice of many others.”

Common added that he wants a woman of many talents, which includes carrying a bible, smoking some you know what (the green stuff), down to have sex in the backseat of a car, and he loves Beyonce. More of Common's interview below:

“That says a lot about her. She could get high, you might get high with her, she might drink, smoke a jay with her, but at the end of the day, she still got her Bible there.[...][And]what woman in America don’t love BeyoncĂ©?”


If you haven't heard the song yet, listen below:




nb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...