August 15, 2011

Tami Roman Covers Rolling Out Magazine


Tami Roman graces the cover of Rolling Out Magazine. The Basketball Wives star gives an intimate interview with the magazine, where she discusses her mistake of spending money on unnecessary things, which resulted in her getting on food stamps. In addition, Tami spoke on how she handles criticism, being grateful for small things after facing hard times, and her upcoming book. 
Check out a couple of excerpts from the interview:
On if she ever feels weak or vulnerable
Yes, I do all the time. There was a point in my life where we fell on hardships. After years of spending money and living through people, I woke up one day and all of that money was gone. I was at an all-time low … I had to get on food stamps, I had to go get on medical assistance, and I cried a lot. But I realized that I did it to myself by trying to live up to images, and trying to live up to public perception rather than being true to myself. I vowed from that moment on that I didn’t want my daughters to see me this way, and that I was going to do whatever it took to bring us back to the top.
On handling real time responses and criticisms on blogs and twitter
When I did the "Real World,” we didn’t have Facebook, Twitter, or blogs, so I didn’t really know how people felt about the things that I did, [unless] they took the time to write a fan letter. So social media is very
 new to me, and it’s something I had to get used to because people will criticize you, judge you and lash out at you. People will feel like that can say anything to you and you’re just supposed to take it. I haven’t always done that because I’m a human being with feelings. So if you hurt me or my loved ones, I’m going to address it accordingly. I realize now that I can’t do that though, I can’t curse out every person who doesn’t like me on Twitter.

On becoming an author
I’m working on my book, and I will say that several ladies on the show have books coming out … well, all of us except Suzie [laughs]. I know with my situation in particular, everybody knows me from the “Real World” and from “Basketball
 Wives.” I think that there is so much more to my life that they don’t know about and that they don’t get a chance to see. So I want to really open up myself to people to give a lot of backstory to me, my family, how I was raised, and the things I’m going through or have gone through. Hopefully, someone can read my book, understand my situation, and learn how to get through something similar that they may be going through.
On if she appreciates her newfound success
Absolutely. God made me appreciate the small things. He made me appreciate my daughters; He made me appreciate just having a roof over my head … not a mansion, just a roof. He made me appreciate having clothes on my back no matter who makes it. He really brought me back to a place of love and just having clarity of thought. So I appreciate everything that has come my way and I’m trying to give back.

Check out photos from Tami's Rolling Out Magazine shoot:






To read more of the interview and see more pics, check out Rolling Out


nb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...