July 26, 2011

Kelly Rowland Visits The Breakfast Club Morning Show

Earlier today, Kelly Rowland chatted with the The Breakfast Club Morning Show crew. The singer was there promoting her albu "Here I Am." which dropped today. During her interview, Kelly spoke on her BET performance, Beyonce comparisons, a Destiny's Child reunion, Matthew Knowles, and her current relationship with Beyonce. She also got a bit emotional while talking about her father since his attempt to contact her. 

Read some of the excerpts from her interview below: 

On If She Thinks The BET Awards was her best performance & Why She Chose To Wear A Hat:
Absolutely. Something happened. I dreamt about performing on that stage. I had dreams about it and I just wanted to show off my dreams.
I liked the mystery behind the hat. In rehearsals, something happened, like all the moves in the choreography are like slick. When I put on the baseball cap, something different happened with the movement and it just worked, so I said, “how can I make it work for the stage”. When I put the hat on, something just happened.
On the many compliments she has received from 50 Cent, Young Jeezy etc & Whether She Believes It’s Her Year
I feel like in this moment, I just wanted to put an extra foot forward. Sometimes as individuals we might see something and say ‘ok, that’s the goal. I want to get there”, but do you actually do the work that is required to get there? It was an extra step that happened in the process and I had a great support system and team around me with the label, management and everything. It’s been a blessing above anything
On the Beyonce comparisons
It’s old. I don’t trip off of it and I know it’s going to happen. It’s nothing else anybody can find and I don’t have anything else to talk about so it’s like ‘eh, do a comparison’.  [On if they still talked] She hit me [after the BET Awards] and said ‘oh, woman you killed it”
On Mathew Knowles allegedly stealing money from Beyonce
People have said so many things over the years about just the whole DC camp so for me, when it comes to talking about that type of thing with Bey, I don’t discuss that type of thing period.  Mathew sent me flowers for my birthday. It’s not a huge trip as people would like it to be.
On If there will be a Destiny’s Child Reunion
It hasn’t been anything we’ve talked about at all. [Mathew] can’t make that decision. That’s our decision, if we want to do that or not and it hasn’t been anything we’ve discussed.
On her cameo on ‘Single Ladies’
It’s so much fun. I love the show and when I was asked about it, I said ‘oh yea I’m doing it. Definitely”
On whether she’s spoken to her father after he attempted to contact her
Not yet. I’m very sensitive about the subject. I haven’t talked to him yet, I definitely plan on it and hopefully I meet him soon.  It has been a long process of him trying to get back in contact with me. It’s very interesting now how it does happened at this time but I think everyone deserves forgiveness and it’s okay to move on. I haven’t seen this man in TWENTY years so I’m definitely going to meet him. It’s going to be a very interesting moment.  It’s so many people that deal with the same situation so I’m not tripping off of it.

Check out the video of Kelly's interview below:


 nb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...