November 8, 2010

Willow Smith Her Career And Style With MTV

MTV interviewed new artist Willow Smith, where she talks about her new single, her style, focusing on her career, and signing with Roc Nation. 


Read some of the interview below:
What did it feel like when you realized that Jay-Z wanted you to be on his label?
It felt like all the hard work paid off….We had a meeting and I got to hang out with him and stuff. It was fun.
What musicians inspire you?
Well Lady Gaga, Billy Idol, Beyonce and Jay-Z.. that’s it…..& my Mom and my Dad!
What does “Whip My Hair Mean”?
Whip my hair means don’t be afraid to be yourself and don’t let anybody tell you that’s wrong because the best         thing is YOU.
You had a name for your friends in the video?
The Warrior-ettes.  2 snaps and a W.
Well me and my mom first came up with Willow-ettes and then we came up with Warrior-ettes. I can’t really explain it because it takes a warrior to stand up for themselves and not let anybody tell them that what they’re wearing, or what they’re saying or what they’re doing is wrong. So it takes a warrior to do that but it still takes sensitivity to also. So we were kind of sloshing between Warrior-ettes & Willow-ettes. We just called them Warrior-ettes because that’s the stuff you need to do that.
How do you define your style?
I think it’s school girl meets punk rock. I like plaid/argyle or whatever somebody calls it. I like motorcycle boots, little sparkly boots.
What can you not live without that’s in your closet?
I can’t live without my shoes. There’s one pair I can’t live without… I got them in England. They’re high-tops and they have checkers on the bottom and they’re like yellow, pink and white, they’re so tight.
On making the “Whip My Hair” video
It was a long day most of the time. It was hard sometimes but if you have a commitment to that, you have to stick with it. It’s not because I have to, it’s because I want it. Most people if they don’t want it, they’ll be like “Ohhh well I can do that tomorrow.” Is that what it’s called, procrastinating?


Or check out the video:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...