September 11, 2010

Ms. Nicki Minaj New Cover



I have to admit that Nicki has grown on me. In the beginning, I wasn't feeling her or her music. But her music grew on me. Her style is amazing and I truly believe she is holding it down for female rappers. Don't get me wrong, many female rappers exist (underground). However, Nicki is the one who is commercially representing ALL FEMALE EMCEES. And I don't mean representing each of them artistically, but she is symbolizing women of Hip-Hop/Rap is not going anywhere. Yes, I agree that Hip-Hop/Rap is a male dominated industry, but female rappers are still HERE. Nicki truly shows that she doesn't need the help a male side kick or fellow male rapper to further her career. She can STAND ON HER OWN. Right now, she has a lot on her shoulders. She has to keep up her look, her music, and style, which is a lot for an artist. But hey, if Nicki is not complaining then I'm not complaining. The woman is making hits after hits and setting trends all the time. Ms. Minaj is truly in a category of her own. Like Lady of Rage SAID (in the female hip-hop BET documentary) she is Eve, Missy Elliot, and Kim ALL IN ONE: "she has the craziness of Missy, the sassiness of Eve, and the style and colorfulness of Kim." And I have to agree with Lady of Rage. Once she stated that, I clapped my hands. Even though I was not a Minaj fan at first, I always seen some great similarities with some of the great female rappers from the past. People may hate or love Nicki, but she is important to the Hip-Hop/Rap rap industry. She will be the one to show these record labels that they need to start investing in female rappers again. Honestly, we NEED our female rappers. We need the voice of the females in the industry. Stay tuned for my follow up on the BET female MC's documentary. Til then DEUCES my fellow geeksters. "YOUR LOVE, YOUR LOVE." 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...