October 24, 2011

Sneak Peak Video: Beyonce "Party"/ J.Cole Talks With HOT 106 "Rise and Grind Morning Show

Earlier this evening, 106 and park gave a sneak peak of Beyonce's new video "Party." In the upcoming video, King Bey is doing it 90's style this time around (the hood edition). Bey and her sisters (Solange and Kelly Rowland) hit up a motel to throw a pool party.
Check out the video below:
Rapper J. Cole also makes an appearance in the video. During an interview with HOT 106 "Rise & Grind Morning Show, he revealed that he was suppose to be on original song, but was replaced by rapper/Outkast member Andre 3000. However, Bey reached out to the North Carolina native rapper and asked him to drop a verse on the "Party" remix. J.Cole felt honored to work with Beyonce and took it as a blessing. 
Read what J.Cole had to say in the interview"
On being replaced on the song "Party"
"You know how many verses I did for that song. I did a version of that before her album [4] even came out. I did two verses. I love these verses too, but they ended up going with Andre's verse and Andre Killed it."
On Bey reaching out to him for the  remix 
"Then she reached out to me and she wanted me to get on the remix. I did two more verses. Out of the second set that I did, she picked the first verse. But my second verse, I just gotta say for the record.. it was just too long, I think she was looking for something shorter and more to the point."
On working with Beyonce
"It's just a blessing to even be able to work with [Beyonce]. I'm on my defensive rapper, like yo man. When you follow in Andre's 3000's shoes, you're expected to really go in. Just the fact to even be on the song with her shoot the video with her and just be in her presence... She's such a hard working, incredible artist. I'll never forget that day we shot the video, I'll never forget being able to be on that song, and hopefully we go t more as time goes on. Shout out to Beyonce."
Watch the interview below:


ru/iabg
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...